Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

These Old Barns...

Anyone who knows me knows I'm in love with old barns. I will bring the car to a screeching halt in the middle of a highway just to be able to jump out and take a photo of an old barn. I didn't grow up with these, In my neck of the woods we have parts of old adobe buildings that are falling apart and are definitely not as interesting as barns.

On a drive near Victoria, IL, last summer, the Husband and I spotted this beautiful thing. I made him make a U-turn but almost backed out because all I had with me was my iPhone. Glad I didn't chicken out. We ended up meeting the owner--Jason, who is just as awesome as his barn. He gave us a little tour and a very brief history of the barn. I wish I could pull this old barn all up and put it in my backyard.


No comments: